Translate

Saturday, April 20, 2013

A Few More Updates

As I am now in remission and ready for a bone marrow transplant, I have been working on getting things in order and in place so when a donor is found, all of the paperwork will be done.

The main issue is that my insurance is requiring me to go a specific hospital to have the procedure (even though the hospital I have been getting treatment from thus far is a bone marrow transplant hospital).  The hospital they are requiring me to go to is in Arizona and is about a 12 hour drive from home and I can expect to be there about five months.

I am less than thrilled with the idea of being 12 hours from home for five months, but I have to do what the insurance tells me to do.  I have already huffed and puffed and tried to protest, but I got no where fast.  The stress of huffing and puffing was more than I could handle and I just gave in and said I would do whatever they wanted to me to.

As of right now, I will continue to have chemo treatments every 14-21 days until a bone marrow donor is found and then I can start preparing for the transplant.

1 comment:

  1. Best wishes for a speedy recovery and that a donor is found soon.

    Meg
    Happy Kids, Inc

    ReplyDelete